Inmarsat – Service outage and degradation – EMEA – UPDATE
We would like to update you on the planned recovery work to restore the EMEA satellite to full operation on 27 July 2021.
At approximately 22:00 UTC, the EMEA payload was successfully restored to normal operations.
BGAN network and GSPS services have been restored.
Inmarsat are completing their final configuration and alignment activities to fully restore all services on EMEA.
Inmarsat-C services will continue to operate in contingency mode on adjacent satellites and we anticipate the transitioning of these services back to the normal configuration from 23:30 UTC on 27 July 2021.
Timings and durations are best estimates from Inmarsat and are subject to change.
Further alert notifications will be provided.
Abbreviations and their meaning
- Americas I-4 = Satelite responsible for the region of North- and Southamerica
- APAC = Asia Pacific
- BGAN = Broadband Global Area Nework. Inmarsat service for BGAN devices
- CDR = Call Detail Record
- EMEA = Satellite responsible for the region of European Middle East Africa
- FB or FBB = FleetBroadBand. Inmarsat service for FBB devices
- GSPS = Global Satellite Phone Service. Inmarsat voice service for IsatPhone
- IRIS = Remote monitoring and control system
- SB or SBB = SwiftBroadBand. Inmarsat service for SBB devices
- TBC = To be confirmed
- UTC = Universal Time