REASON FOR OUTAGE – Inmarsat I4 Network: Asia-Pacific
Yesterday Inmarsat I4 Network on the Asia-Pacific region had an unscheduled network outage. Please find further information below regarding the reason for outage.
On the 8th November at 10:02UTC BGAN and IDP services experienced an outage in the APAC region. The initial investigation identified that the planned ISP maintenance activity of a 3rd party to move traffic to a secondary path failed.
An investigation was immediately initiated to locate and fix the issue. At 10:27UTC the BGAN traffic in the APAC region was moved from Warkworth SAS to Paumalu SAS.
IDP recovery procedures were initiated and successfully completed at 11:16 UTC when full IDP APAC functionality was restored.
An investigation is underway to identify why the traffic failed to move to the secondary path.
|Service Affected||BGAN and IDP|
|Reason||Planned Maintenance 3rd party ISP|
|Traffic Impact||BGAN voice and data, IDP data|
|BGAN Outage Start||8th November 2021 10:02 UTC|
|BGAN Outage End||8th November 2021 10:26 UTC|
|BGAN Outage Duration||25 Minutes|
|IDP Outage Start||8th November 2021 10:02 UTC|
|IDP Outage End||8th November 2021 11:16 UTC|
|IDP Outage Duration||1 hour 15 minutes|
Abbreviations and their meaning
- Americas I-4 = Satelite responsible for the region of North- and Southamerica
- APAC = Asia Pacific
- BGAN = Broadband Global Area Nework. Inmarsat service for BGAN devices
- CDR = Call Detail Record
- EMEA = Satellite responsible for the region of European Middle East Africa
- FB or FBB = FleetBroadBand. Inmarsat service for FBB devices
- GSPS = Global Satellite Phone Service. Inmarsat voice service for IsatPhone
- IRIS = Remote monitoring and control system
- SB or SBB = SwiftBroadBand. Inmarsat service for SBB devices
- TBC = To be confirmed
- UTC = Universal Time